How do I get my son to stop playing in his diaper?

I am working with my son to potty train him, and he works with me really well, but when I put him down for a nap he stays up and plays in his diaper and smears poo all over the place. I don't know how to get him to stop and I am at my wits end.

Kitten19

Asked by Kitten19 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duct tape over the diaper tabs and a one-piece outfit for sleeping. If necessary, get a footed sleeper, cut the feet off, and put it on him backwards. Then put duct tape over the zipper pull.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My sister kid did the samething... She would bust him and make him help her cleanit up... Theres really not much you can do... Eather take action or just keep cleaning it up... Sorry for the mess mama...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• nothing you can do about it... almost all kids do that.

you can only keep cleaning it up.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i was going to say the same thing kaycee lol. duct tape the diaper closed and put him in a one peice outfit.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• geez,.. i hope my dd doesnt do that! i dunno...thats kinda hard..but i guess just keep checking if hes poopy or not because i know id hate to clean up poo.
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Omg! Lol. That was alot of duct tape kaycee, lol. My son is 20 months and thank god i havent had this problem. He knows poop and pee and he hates having it on his butt. He tugs at his diaper when he wants it changed. But never has played in his poop, he hates stuff being on his hands tho. He wants to wash them after eating and candy. Cuz he hates the sticky feeling. GOod Luck
    AustynsMomma07

Answer by AustynsMomma07 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2008