• In the Spotlight:

What stresses you out the most this time of year?

For me, I think it would have to be $$$. You want to buy your kids the things they want for Christmas and still be able to pay the rent a week later.

goinginsane1

Asked by goinginsane1 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• True dat mama... But really for me its my hubby... He gets so nervous, roadrage, stressed to the max... An it just freaks me out...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The greedy, pushy, grabby people who move over the stores like locusts. Even the grocery stores. I avoid other stores as much as humanly possible but even in the grocery store it's insane.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Family - they drive me insane!!!! - We have a huge traditon and nationality gap... drives me nuts when you are willing to embrace others traditions but they are not willing to embrace yours - argh!!!! and the lack of respect is even more frustrating - I cannot wait until Dec 27 - everyone goes  HOME!!!

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The responsibility of making Christmas the best it can be for my family. I volunteered to have it, but I know that my SIL loves decorating and her place is always a showplace and her food superb. I am only an indifferent cook, and I'm not into decorating. So I'm worried that the experience won't be special for the family. I'm dreading that the meal won't be good, or that my lack of decorating will spoil it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The potential for arguements, especially with my mother. She is an unhappy woman who "gets in touch with her feelings" (nastiness) when she gets the chance. She is especially good at it because she drinks quite a bit at that time of year.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 5:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I lost my home last year and ALL my personal possessions including 25 years of Christmas ornaments and decorations. Until the holidays, I was able to re-set my thinking to: "I have to think about my "stuff" that I lost as if my home burned down, and I'm just thankful to be alive!" but now that I look around at the beautiful lights and decorations, it's really hard for me to think about everything that I don't have anymore. Yes, they are (were!) just "things", but your Christmas ornaments have an emotional value that makes it really hard not to dwell on. I'm trying to stay busy ~ helping others who have less than I do now helps me not think about myself, but..... I still cry at night sometimes.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my family drive me the most crazy this time of year!!! They want everyone else to adhere to whatever theyre doing, change YOUR plans to accommodate THEM! So frustrated! Next year, Christmas will be done how we want to do it...!! GRRR! [grinch-like, i know]
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 11:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2008