Food for Thought..

Can for one minute, we understand that it is foolish to judge and make comments about things that "you yourself" have never expierenced? Welfare, abortion...ect. If you have never been in that situation, why give advice and tell others what "they" should do .

sydsmom2

Asked by sydsmom2 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If you have constructive answers and have never been in the particular situation...then so be it. If you are on the outside looking in with nothing positive to say, then I agree keep your comments to yourself.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 5:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• But what if someone made us a moral authority/ moral police? lol. just kidding. I definitely understand the sentiment you're getting across.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Everybody can have an opinion on anything whether they have gone through it or not.
    Anonymous

• It's called a point of view and you can always take it with a grain of salt, or leave it by the wayside.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the poster. If you have never gone through it. All you can really do is try an empathize with that individual. Do you think people like getting government assistance? Since most abortions are done out of fear., I do not think they would do it if they had an alternative. So we should not judge on our personal emotions. We need to find out exactly the circumstances.
    Anonymous

• What if my brothers wife's cousins best friends sister had gone through it? I would be qualified to give excellent advice!...Just kidding. I think that may be the case with some on CM because some of the advice on here is pretty out there....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• OP- Very well said.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• A lot of time people ASK for our opinions. When it comes to things like abortion and welfare I have very strong opinions and if you ask for them I will give them. It dosent mean you going to like them.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

Ditto
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 5:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If someone does not want other people's opinions then why in the hell are they posting questions for the whole world to read? If women on here are so overly sensitive maybe they should keep their issues to themselves.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008