What does spicy food really do for you?

Like how does it "help" you go into labor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont think it does make you go into labor. your more likely to get heartburn. its gets a old wise tale i think.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It doesn't : /

I mean, I'm sure SOMEbody swears by it...but I've eaten so much spicy food in the past three weeks trying to start my labor (I'm over 40 weeks)...and all it's done is given me horrible heartburn.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree with these pp... I think all it does is give you heartburn.
    I don't know of a single person that it really worked with.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I know where this question came from, and i posted an answer on a question earlier, and said that when i ate some real spicy food , that night i went into labor. So apparently it worked for me. Coinsodience (i know i massacred that word), maybe, but it worked for me, and i have read it on phamplets before. So believe it or not i don't care, but there is probable nothing that anyone can tell you to exactly how it helps you go in to Labor. But in the future i wil keep my experiences to myself.
    Anonymous

• Anon - everyone is different.. It did seem to work for you.
    I simply meant that I didn't know anyone personally that it worked for. It is my personal feeling that it is a coincidence if it works, but that is how I feel. If your expereince helps someone else, then you should share it. There is no shame that something worked for you that didn't work for someone else.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008