This is not a bashing question at all, but I would like to know why.....?

Why do people put "TMI" in their questions? Is it because they want to warn you of something nasty, or is it so that they don't feel so bad for asking something potentially horrid? What is your thought on why this is added? Do you think that some of these posts are inappropriate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Its a sort of an apology I think...for sharing something explicit but they had no other choice but to say it...I guess :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• some religious ppl cant handle TMI lol.. i think thats why women put that on there so they dont have to say: "hey i warned you!".. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yeah..i don't get it either..we are all adults and have "most " of us have had children, nothing grosses me out anymore.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree, an apology or warning... in other words, this message contains something that might be unpleasant. I don't mind that people do this. CafeMom may be the only place they know of to get advice on something that is embarrassing or worrisome.

Answer by Bmat at 4:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I dont know why. Some questions make me wonder why anyone would ask them publicly lol but whatever.

Answer by gemgem at 4:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I thought they usually do it to warn people it is an explicit question.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Some of the prudes on here are easily offended.. so they need a warning before reading something! :)
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• TMI for this answer... (my disclaimer if you will). I appreciate them. My reasoning for example ~ when TMI is attached to a possible question..."What could this big red bump on my a$$ be? (TMI)" I may not be in the mood to read a question about someones boil that's huge and filled with puss and about to pop....I won't pull up the question because of that very courteous disclaimer issued by the questioner. So, to those of you who place TMI with your questions...Thank you : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I do read some of them though....LOL : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The TMI's always peak my sense of: well, hell - my life doesn't suck.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008