If you were bitten by fleas, how long would it take to show/itch?

Don't you have to be dirty to be infested with fleas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• no, you don't have to be dirty to get fleas..you can carry them inside on your shoes, socks/pants..your pet can wander the neighborhood or play with another pet and easily bring them into your house.
    and it takes no time at all for the itch to begin.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2011

• I agree that you do not have to be dirty and can bring them in so easily, and they reproduce like crazy. It is like getting bit by a mosquito in that you see the results right away. They usually bite in small clusters, but since we don't "taste" the same as animals, they will not live on a human the way they do animals. I don't mess around with fleas. We have cats that will occasionally pick them up if they get outdoors, and I bomb the house. It is cheap and effective, and that is what I want! LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2011

• lol, if you have a dog/cat that goes outdoors, n matter how clean you are fleas can happen, just make sure you regularly bathe your animals, flea poder the carpets once every 6 monthes, adn use flea repellants on your animals, and you will be fine, also if you get bit, you know it instantly
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2011