Tired of his childish behavior.

Dh went to go get DS from school. He left around 3pm. Well DS got home and Dh is nowhere to be found. DS says he didn't see him at the school. So ok. I am waiting and waiting and starting to worry cause the roads are all icy. Well Dh shows up around 4:30p. I ask where hes been and he says at the school. So I told him I called the school and they said they didn't see him. So he gets all pissed and takes off to his moms.

My problem is that ever since we moved to his hometown (june 08) when he gets all pissed he'll take off (this is new, he didn't do this before)to his moms or the bar. So I am getting really sick of him doing this instead of being a man and dealing with it. So I just called him at his moms and told him I think he should stay the night there and he asks why, so I told him that I am tired of him doing this. So he was all quiet then says OK and hangs up.

gcmomx3

Asked by gcmomx3 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• My ex husband used to do that all the time. Finally, we got into an arguement one night and he told me that if I kept talking he was going to leave. i said fine, leave, he went to his moms house and then I moved out. I hate games. (obviously there was more to why we got a divorce.) :)
    Anonymous

• EEK! I hate to ask this but? Is there a chance he is not being faithfu? That is where my thought went when I read your question. I think you guys need to sit down and have a big talk about his running away when stuff gets tense. As women, we rarely get to do that. Like me, I am carrying the baby so how do I run off from that for a break from reality?If i were you I would seriously think about what you want to say and what you need from him. you are right, it isn't good or fair for him to run to mom's or bar when "it" hits the fan. Not getting a child when you say you will is a big deal...good luck hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I suggest counseling and if that doesn't work tell him to kick bricks.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 5:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Sounds more like a drinking problem, the moodiness, the disappearing acts. And also sounds a little childish. I would keep a watchful eye.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Sounds to me like he's back to being a Momma's Boy! Now that he's back in familiar territory and having an "easy way out," he runs to his mommy's house when the going gets tough!

I had an ex fiance who did the SAME thing! There's a reason why he is my EX fiance! LOL
    Anonymous

• Something needs mended. Marriage counseling now. If he won't go then go yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• it sounds like he's cheating.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It sounds like he's ready to leave and go home. You may have just gave him that option.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2008