How do I deal with my depression the next few weeks?

I am finally getting the help I need for my depression but the only thing is I can't see a doctor until the 6th of January. I have to wait until then to see a councelor and get some meds. Somedays, like today, I feel totally fine. Other days can be really stressful and hard to deal with. I don't want to wait that long to get help. How do you all deal with your depression on your own? What are some tips you can give me?

annamcg18

Asked by annamcg18 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• I would really recommend you going to the book store and looking for one that speaks to you. There are a lot of fantastic self help books for depression, anxiety, stress etc. I tried to go see a counselor, it wasn't helpful to me because all they wanted me to do was take this pill. They didn't care and spending time talking to them didn't seem to help me get stronger either. What really did help is making myself read up on it make myself exercise regularly and do the things I like doing even though that's the last thing I felt like doing. Do you have a good friend you can confide in?

Anonymous

• yeah i have a best friend and we talk all the time i tell her everything. i even tell my husband everything we have a wonderful relationship. there are just a few things i can tell someone else that i cant tell them. i am scared they may judge me
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i have some problems with depression sometimes it helps me when im feeling depressed is to do my hair and make up and look super cute, grant you, sometimes when im depressed i have trouble getting the energy to get up and do my hair and make up
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 7:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008