I'm 37 wks and 75% effaced; is it likely that I'll deliver soon??

I am only dilated to a 1, though...

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 5:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be another 3 weeks.. Average gestation for first time moms is 41 weeks.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i was that way for 8 weeks with heavy contractions. come to find out my baby was to big to drop and i ened up with a c-section he ended up weighing 10 lbs the reason i couldnt have him naturally was becaucse his head was 15 inches they said this was normal for a 3 month old
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Eh, it could be any day or it could be another four weeks. I've been 2cm and effacing more and more for two weeks. I'm 40 weeks 2 days today.

So who knows, you may get lucky. Or you might end up like me and being overdue : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was dialated to 4 and 75% effaced for over 2 weeks. It unfortunately is not a good way to tell. Hopefully soon
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008