Choosing Which Birth Control??

im only 17 and almsot 31 weeks pregnant..
my doctor gave me a paper of different types of birth controls to use after the babys born...
im pretty scared though about getting pregnant again at a young age..
but what is the best suggestion on which birth control to use??

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Whatever will work best for you and your lifestyle. For me I was always too busy and always doing stuff, and I always managed to forget to take my pills (hence my 7 month old daughter!!) The shot made me gain weight like no body's business, the patch gave me a rash...I finally found the Nuva Ring and I love it! I had intended on going for the IUD, but it was too expensive and the way my doctors office does it is you pay cash first, and then they bill your insurance and reimburse you later (they don't keep them at the office - they order them on an as needed basis) but I did not have the money to put up front.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i am on the nuvaring and i love it, you dont have to worry about taking a pill daily or have to ge a shot that causes bone problems. you insert the ring and have it in for 3 weeks there really isnt any wrong way to insert it and you take it out for one week and thats when you get your period. Then put a new one in. you cant feel it once its in.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:55 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have been on three types of BC in my life ... the pills, the patch and the ring. Personally, I LOVE the NuvaRing. I am not disciplined enough to take a pill everyday, and didn't like the patch because it would fall off, so I tried the NuvaRing and it was awesome. You insert it and leave it in for three weeks. Then take it out and you get your period. It is like inserting a tampon, and it may shift a bit during those three weeks, but you can always readjust it. And if you feel uncomfortable with it in during sex, you can take it out during intercourses, and then put it back it after your done.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008