When should i start Trying to potty train my son?

Hes only 9months but, i was just curious

Tristian_tj_jen

Asked by Tristian_tj_jen at 1:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• Boys are usually ready for potty training around 2 and a half.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My son just turned 2 a few days ago. It hasn't been easy but you must be patient. He still isn't going to the toilet when he has an accident but because he's having accidents in underwear, he's more aware and last night he peed in his daiper and grabbed his crotch, said "POOP" and ran to get me a daiper. I think it's working because he's getting farmiliar when it does happen.
    kissthis

Answer by kissthis at 2:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It's too soon right now. Unless he shows undoubtable interest, I would just not push it until he is at least 2. Let them go to the bathroom with Daddy as much as possible, and if your yard is fairly private, there isn't anything wrong with letting them go behind a tree or a bush. My son was potty trained within 3-4 weeks and I really believe if I would have made him come in the house each time, it would have taken much longer. For instance, my litte girl, beings she doesn't have the proper equipment to discretely do this, is going on her 3rd month, and is finally getting the hang of it.
    jach

Answer by jach at 2:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2008