I think she is scratching my tummy!

Yesterday I felt a horrible, horrible pain in the middle of my tummy. It felt like she had a knife and was cutting me open from the inside. I was on the floor in pain. After about two minutes it went away and i just felt a little pressure. I feel very light contractions (tightness with a side of cramping) every now and again, but nothing regular enough to worry about.

Anyone else ever experience this?

by the way, i am 39 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep, been there done that 5 times over! It's not possible for your baby to be scratching you, as there's the sack between baby & uterus. I was told by my midwife it's likely one of the little pointy joints rubbing on stretched, super-sensitive skin - when it's pulled so taut and something rubs like that, it's going to feel bad! Your baby's just letting you know you'll be meeting soon! GL momma & congrats!
    Anonymous

• I get pains like that when I'm constipated and she kicks my intestines..ha.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I know she really isn't scratching me. I just want you all to tell me....GUESS WHAT YOUR IN LABOR!!! ha.
    Anonymous

• Oh yes, they can actually scratch you! When you see how long those fingernails are when they're born, you'll understand how! I can remember just walking around, and all of a sudden, feeling that sensation of scratching from the inside. It really can happen, and it's the weirdest sensation (and kinda painful!). Or, it could be those awful gas pains.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2008