5 months pregnant

Hello i went to the er cause i was sick and it took them a while to find the baby's heartbeeat but they found the baby's heartbeat. The baby's heartbeat was heard under mine. it sounded fast. is that good.

becky_space_24

Asked by becky_space_24 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Did they give you a number? Sometimes it takes a little while to find my little ones too. As long as they weren't worried i wouldnt be either.
    SpiffyMom

Answer by SpiffyMom at 6:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The heartbeat is going to be fast...somewhere between 130 and 170 beats per minute. So yes, thats good. ER takes a while for anything (finding baby on the ultrasound, finding the heartbeat) because they don't do it everyday, ya know?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Earlier in my pregnancy...The baby would move away from the doppler. Even at 29 weeks, she still tries to move away from the doppler, but alas she is limited on space and can only back away and then we get an echo effect. I think anywhere between 120-180 is okay (dont hold me on the numbers I am not 100% sure on them)
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008