IUD

Do you have one? What was your experience. I want to get one. I had my baby 6 weeks ago.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• My friend got one before she got married and she said it was painful to have inserted, the doc has to do it, and she actually passed out while it was being put in. She also passed out when she got a tattoo. Another friend had it taken out because it was so uncomfortable.
    kissthis

Answer by kissthis at 2:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I've had a non-hormonal IUD twice. The first time I had it for 2 years and loved it. Then I got pregnant with it in. It's just like any other birth control in that there are failures. It was removed and I had a healthy baby boy. At my 6 week check-up, I had another one inserted. Pain during insertion was no more than period cramping and I don't feel a thing when it's in place. I would highly recommend it.
    beckster_01

Answer by beckster_01 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I have had the Mirena IUD for 3 years now, didn't have much pain when it was inserted in the dr's office. I was very nervous about it when he was doing it, but it was not bad. I was a little dizzy, but that was all. I had some spotting episodes on and off for the first few months , but that pretty much stopped. I have cramping once in a while. But overall, a decent option for B/C.
    virginiamom723

Answer by virginiamom723 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2008