Home Remedies?

Anyone have any good home remedies for a massive cold?

Stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, headache, earache???

I've taken Tylenol Severe Cold but it hasn't been helping, I've been miserable for five days now and I would love to feel better for the holiday.

KlousMomi

Asked by KlousMomi at 6:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• Hot toddies (Brandy/rum in tea) really helps aches and pains. Better than Sudafed is Mucinex D. Make sure it has the D. There are stronger ingredients that you need in the Mucinex than in Sudafed. Also, get some extra virgin olive oil and put a drop or two in your ears. This will immediately sooth earaches and heal them. Keep eating but eat healthy, chicken noodle soup is great for a cold! Make sure to get extra garlic. Take some vitamin D. I am overweight (300#) and I take 4,000 daily to keep colds/flu at bay in the winter. Suck on pepper mint sticks (candy canes) for a sore throat. Also, sucking on whole cloves will numb the throat. Put Vics on the bottoms of your feet with socks. Hope that helps! Get better soon and Happy Holidays!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I dont get much luck with tylenol products. Heres what you should try if youre not pregnant. Go to the pharmacy and ask them if they have Contact. Its one of those they put behond the counters. It works really well. If you are pregnant then ask your dr if you can try Sudafed instead.

Answer by gemgem at 6:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Bee propolis and lots of garlic. You will stink for a day or so but that combo rid me of a breast infection in three days that normally takes about three weeks to clear!
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Make a cup of tea, put lemon and honey in it, a peace of peppermint candy in it, then take a shot of liquor, rum, vodka,doesn't matter what kind. put it in the tea, and drink it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008