Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant do this anymore.

I am in so much pain and the drs wont do anything. I really dont know what i want them to do but there has to be something they can do or say other then take tylenol and take a bath. I have been having steady contractions for 3 days sence i'm not progressing they wont do anything they wont even stop them. I am in so much pain. What do i do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (10)
  • Try and relax and wait is the best you can do. You can also try walking, sex etc if you want to jump start the labor. It sounds like the pains arent consistant enough to admit you or that they arent close enough?

    Answer by gemgem at 6:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • tell them to induce you! I wasnt dialated AT ALL when I went in to have Gauge.

    Answer by MommaWoods at 6:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • I'm dilated but not to what they admit at and with my last 2 i didnt get past what i am dilated to now so they dont think I will this time either. They are every 10min. and dont go away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • Are the contractions regular? Has your water broken? If your water has broken they are medically obligated to admit you. I am sorry you are hurting but I have to believe that you are in the early stages of labor and your docs know what they are doing. Good luck.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 6:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • They cannot give you pain meds too early because they will wear off when it REALLY gets hard...sorry...

    Answer by Bearsjen at 6:25 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • I dont want pain meds, i didnt have any with my other too thanks. And i dont know if my water has broken I have been leaking something but only sence i left. It happens in little gushes. every couple hours like when i sit or squat.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • I'm sorry this isn't supposed to be rude but *since* is the correct spelling of the word your are trying to use

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • Sorry I was wrong. I was wondering. I never remember. Beside my mind is on other things right now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • ;o) I'd go in to the ER and make up a story... I know it's awful but I did it with my son. I told them i fell and they checked me... I was due, not early but they decided to just induce me! It worked out for me...

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • you should definetly go back and have them check tell them you think your water broke and they can check it. If it has then they have to keep you if not then I would just try to bring on labor for as painful as it might be. Try walking or one thing I heard that really works is passion iced tea from starbucks it has everything that is suppose to make your placenta contract. it's not dangerous to the baby either and it doesnt have any caffeine. I've heard it really works. I wish you well and let me know if you can what happens.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 4:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
placenta previa ??