Standing

My son is 5 months old and he won't stand with my support. He is limp and goes to his knees. Just wondering how old they should be to want to stand with the support of me. He will stand or stiffen when he is mad or kinda does squats when I burp him.

DJMsmom

Asked by DJMsmom at 6:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey girl. My daughter didn't start standing till almost 7 months and was perfectly walking and standing by the end of 7 months. It varies with each baby. They usually crawl before they will stand. So if he is not crawling yet then it will only come with time. If he is crawling and not standing it is normal. My daughter just started standing herself up one day next to the table. So each baby advances on there own time. So don't worry too much just work with him and within a few months when he works up the courage he will start standing. (:
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 6:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think it depends on the baby. My son is 5 months and his favorite thing to do is stand... but by friends daughter who is 2 months older won't even try to stand.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• That means he isn't ready just yet. Don't worry, he's fine. Time will come when he stands.... and...it will happen before you know it.....
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2008