• In the Spotlight:

I was wanting to know when or if I should take my baby to the Dr. He has had a fever, cough and wheezing.... Note.. he was diagnosed with broncholitits almost 8 weeks ago and still has a cough and wheezing. Now has develope a fever.. I have given him tylenol and his treatments.. still not working... please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SteelerPrincess

Asked by SteelerPrincess at 6:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Kids' Health

• If bronchitis is not properly treated, it can develop into pneumonia if one is not careful. I would definitely call your child's pediatrician.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Also, if he was never given antibiotics, only breathing treatments, that will not work if it is bronchitis. If he was given antibiotics, it may be that he could have developed something else since being off the medicine.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Take him back to the dr. The bronchitis could have turned into pneumonia or he may not be over the bronchitis yet. My daughter had bronchitis in Oct and she took all the meds, but 2 weeks later she had to go back cause she had bronchitis again.
    bbysqd

Answer by bbysqd at 6:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Definitely take him to the Dr.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would bring him back to the doctor. If he seem's ok right now... not having difficulty breathing then go in the morning. If you think he is having a hard time then bring him to the ER tonight
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• ER
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Bronchiolitis (different from bronchitis) is not treated with antibiotics. It is viral, not bacterial.

He definitely should be seen by someone, and if you haven't already, get him to the ER.

Did they test him for RSV when he was diagnosed with bronciolitis? Quite often, they go hand in hand (but not always).

After 8 weeks, he should be better...with a fever now developing, I feel it may be something else. If the treatments aren't working...chances are it's developed into something else....

Good luck and I hope he feels better soon!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i'm hoping that you took your kid to the ER...
    Anonymous

• Yeah great idea. Take him to the ER rather then call a doctor. Because the ER can fix everything.
    Anonymous

• to the smartass who posted below me. it's a heck of alot better than asking for strangers advice on the internet, am i wrong? the child has a fever, had bronchitis and a cough, going on weeks with these symptoms. the time of the post is after 5. i don't know about you, but not many doc offices are open after 5.
    besides the point, it's a SERIOUS condition. doctors, er, wth does it matter? unless you're the mom of this child....hmmm.....
    Anonymous