i know everyone is different.

so i know every baby and pregnancy is different but what is the average weight for a baby at 20wks?
Im 22wks pregnant and at our u/s at 20wks they said the baby was already about a pound and a half but my weekly updates say the baby should just be reaching a pound. ehh i guess im having a big boy lol.
anyone know?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The docs extimates can be around 2 pounds off. But about a pound sounds right.
    SpiffyMom

Answer by SpiffyMom at 6:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Ultrasounds can be off. I had one and they said my baby was "well over 10lbs" and he was 9lbs. With my last baby they said she was well over 8.5 lbs and she was 7lbs 5 oz. I think they actually estimate the weight based on the height of the baby. So lets say youre tall or dad is, the baby maybe long which will throw off how big the baby is on the ultrasound.

Answer by gemgem at 6:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• both dad and I are short lol and the baby wasnt measuring really long persay but thanks for the input.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My estimated weight at 20 weeks was 15 oz. just an oz less than a lb. then at 32 weeks she was estimated 4lbs.

Your righ ton time.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm 18 1/2 weeks, and they say our baby weighs about 1 lb.
    jwl3mom

Answer by jwl3mom at 7:46 PM on Dec. 22, 2008