Why does he whine like that?

So I go to work and my boyfriend watches the baby some days. He says that only when I get home he whines. Its like his way to get what he wants and more. He's ten months and whenever he's bored he just whines. I try not to give in and spoil him too much...
What can I do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Enjoy it as much as you can. He is whining because you havent been home and he missed you and wants your attention. How sweet is that? He just cannot verbalize how he feels.

Answer by gemgem at 6:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• When I get home and I say"Mommy's home!" He shows his excitement then, he gets practically hysterical and jumping around trying to get to me, or he'll crawl to me.
    But this whine, is something else, like I spoil him too much and he knows he can gte his way with me
    Anonymous

• Ok you admit you spoil him so I am not being a jerk lol...but that is why he whines. You could try ignoring the whining and when he makes other noises(more positive ones) really play those up and give him attention then. He is old enough to notice what sounds get you worked up and which ones do not. He knows when he laughs, so do you...he knows when he cries you look worried...etc. good luck mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• first things first, there's no such thing as spoiling a baby.
    second, it sounds like he just misses you while you are away and wants your attention or to have some time one on one with you when you return.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:07 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• He's whining for attention... so maybe you could have a ritual that you do when you come home so that you can give him the attention before the whining starts....
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2008