DD had two teeth pulled. What is in the hole?

My DD had 2 teeth pulled and i noticed there is a white thing in the hole, I know they pulled the whole tooth. The dentist did not say she had to come back or anything so im not sure if its a sealant or a "filling" that will fall out on its own. Does anyone know?

BonnieboBonnie2

Asked by BonnieboBonnie2 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• It looks that way when it heals sometimes. Is there any "angry" red spots, lines or overly puffy spots? If there are it could be infected , so call doc. But if not then it should be ok mama. i hope she heals fast!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Well, if they were "baby teeth" I would imagine that you are seeing the permanent tooth that hasn't come down yet. If they were permanent teeth pulled, IDK, sorry.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It's healing, they usually turn a whitish color while healing.
    buttt, like bearsjen said, if it's really red or puffy, call the dentist, just in case.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had my wisdom teeth out friday... Its a stitch. It will fall out on its own in four to five days. Only I popped mine out when brushing my teeth.
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 10:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008