Which car seat to buy

so we want aconvertible carseat but i cant figurew out which one it would be for a newborn and up would that be a 3 in 1 or somthing if anybody knows then please help we need a good carseqat for our soon to be born baby

FirstTimeMom102

Asked by FirstTimeMom102 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We looked and looked for a convertable one for a newborn and we couldn't find one. We could only find one that held 22lb+. so we just got a regular infant seat.
    sorry i wasnt any help
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• We bought a Evenflo Triumph Advance because we needed 2 and couldn't afford Britax. But Britax seats are probably some of the best. And the Truefit is supposed to be really good.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• The Radian 65 and the Radian 80 are good seats for newborn up to 65 or 80 lbs depending on which one you get. I've heard that they fit newborns well, with an infant insert that comes with the seat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• britax
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• We've used Alpha Omega seats and Eddie Bauer. They've worked well for us from infant to toddler stage.

The best (and safest) seat out there is the one which fits correctly in your vehicle and in which your infant fits well. It doesn't matter how much you spend (or don't spend)...if either way the seat is not a good fit, it's not a safe seat.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I've got the cosco alpha omega - one in each car. I like it, and dd did well in it at a few months. I really like the carrier for newborns, but she was a tiny baby and even at a month (she might have been 7 ish lbs by then) it held her well and she didn't complian. Now at 19 months (22 lbs) she's still rear facing since the car seat goes up to 35 lbs and seems to like the seat.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Britax Marathon
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would also say Britax; they seem to have the widest weight range (5-65lbs); they can rear and forward face; they also recline for infants (better sleeping).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Evenflo Triumph is great for not to much. We love it and it has the longer range for rear facing. Plus it is easy to adjust:)
    alalsip

Answer by alalsip at 11:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I have the True Fit by the First Years!! It is AMAZING!!! I am sooo happy with it! It has so many options, and it rearfaces from 5-35 lbs!! Awesome AWESOME seat!
    DevynsMomma

Answer by DevynsMomma at 12:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2008