This is sooo frustrating!! He won't stop crying.

I love having my baby but he is SOOO stressful!! If he isn't sleeping(rarely does he sleep) or eating, he cries. He will literally cry until he pukes. I've tried Mylicon for Infants after his feedings. I want to be able to enjoy my baby, not be completely stressed everytime he's awake...:-(

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try Playtex bottles with the drop in liners, squeeze all the air out, if you're using formula, I found Good Start worked well with the 4 other babies born into my family that were cryers because it's gentle on babies tummy. Try a baby swing, if none of that works I hope you ask your doctor.
    kissthis

Answer by kissthis at 1:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• A baby swing is about the only thing that really works.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It sounds like colic.
    Do whatever works. Sometimes nothing works, sometimes it will work only once.
    Mark his 16 week birthday on your calendar. If it's colic, it will be greatly reduced by then.
    Once you have tried everything you can think of, don't beat yourself up - put him in his crib, kiss him, and leave. That is much better for both of you than for you to keep trying and getting more and more upset.
    Check out colic related websites for ideas to try. I like www.colicshop.com Even if you don't buy anything, you get ideas.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Have you talked to his Dr. about it. I would start there you never know.
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 3:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I agree to it sounds like colic. My son would cry like something was so desperately wrong we would literally walk the floors with him. We went to the doctors several times because we were so worried the doctor told us it was colic. The doctor told us it usually last up to 3 months, and he was right. At about 3 months are son was not as bad with the crying. I know for us our son did not like to lie flat in a bassinet. He would sleep in his carrier that was one of his favorite sleeping places. Also car rides would seem to calm him down. Good luck!!
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Hang in there...Does he like laying on his tummy on your knees so you can gently bounce him? my son fell asleep many times this way on my husband's knees, laying on his stomach.

Also he liked swinging while I vacuumed. the sound of the vaccuum made him calm. Make sure he burps...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• How old is he? My two year old did that until about 2 months ago...turns out he is a high-functioning autistic. If your baby is around 6 weeks to about 3 months, he could just be colicky.

Mylicon did not ever work for us. Also, he could have milk allergies...

I also bought a think you could fill up with warm water and press against their stomachs. That helped a little.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You said your son has high functioning autism. That crap runs in my family. What if my baby has that? I'm so paranoid he will have that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2008