Coffee anyone?

Does anyone else here drink coffee? I drink it everyday, no more than 2 cups though. I'm 5 months pregnant and have an 18 month old and a husband, so I need it. Are you tired?

c_juanita

Asked by c_juanita at 7:19 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm tired too. Its not recommended to have more than 300 mg of caffine though and I have never carried to term so I am paranoid and won't! I sleep a lot, lol
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 7:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• 300mg is about 2 cups of coffee
    c_juanita

Answer by c_juanita at 7:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I dont drink any caffine. I gave it up over a year ago (it can cause infertility problems) so we were having trouble and I gave it up...but I feel you on the tired part!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I can't give up my coffee, but I do feel bad drinking it. So for my husband to stay off my back. I have about two cups of water before and after I have my coffee. I also have it with a really healthy healthy breakfast. Just to make myself feel less guilty lol, but there's no way I could live without it. I have a husband who leaves at 5am not to arrive home until 9pm. I have a 4 month old and a 20 month old and I'm pregnant...I'm tired just thinking about it.
    Mrs.Wills

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 7:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Yea same here, i did cut it down on the amount and swiched to decaf but still had my cup everyday
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I drink about 2 cups also...I work full time and have a husband at home...I need something to get me started early in the morning ..I dont drink soda very often..if I do it Sprite or caffeine free...I do not see any harm in it..and yes I am tired..so I need that little pep..
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I drink a cup or two a day. I behaved myself through my first trimester and didn't have any caffeine at all, but after that, I keep it under the 300mg.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Mmm... coffee. Funny how a bunch of pregnant ladies answered this one... I guess a pregnant woman asked it too. I love coffee. I suspect I might be pregnant, so I've cut myself down to one mug a day. I was just telling my husband how it is hard sometimes to resist more coffee! And if I get my period this month- I'm going right back to 2 or 3 mugs daily.
    Why would I do that? It's better to just have 1 mug anyway. It's like smokers taking up smoking again as soon as they have a baby or are done breastfeeding (and haven't had a cig for 9-18 months or so). Funny how we are kind of in love with our addictions :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Coffee is just something that I can not drink. I can't get passed the after taste. I do love Starbucks hot chocolate thought.... mmmmmm!!!
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• After I had my 2nd daughter, I became a coffee addict. When I got pregnant w/ #3, I lost all taste for it! I guess that's a good thing. I do have 1 cup of tea a day, at least.
    Anonymous