For those who had or are having twins

I have two older daughters. I'm pregnant with my third baby. I have a real STRONG feeling that I'm having twins. My grandma is a twin and so is her cousin and so on. My mother had seven kids, no twins. My chances of having twins? I don't know if they are good. Anyways I'm about 7 weeks now and was wondering if I could be pregnant with twins. So I was wondering if all the "twin" symptoms are true. Did you get sicker? Gain more weight in the beginning? Feel more tired? etc. Just curiouse. You can also email me. Thanks

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 7:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • I never had twins but a friend of mine had triplets, it was invitro so she knew it was triplets about 2.5 weeks after they were insterted. But she was really really sick and really really tired all the time. She started showing early. She looked like a full term single baby at 3 months along.

When do you go to the doctor? I hope soon so you can find out. Good Luck!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm always asked if twins run in my family because I have identical girls. Your family history bears no influence on you having twins because when twins run in a family they are passed on through the father's genes, not the mothers, so it would depend on your husband's family history. Also, hereditary twins are fraternal, identical twins are always a fluke.

Twins are great so if you are having twins, good luck!
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:09 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Actually it's the opposite of what the pp said. Fraternal twins are passed down through the mother's side. Hyper ovulation depends on the mother not on the father. How many eggs you drop per cycle has absolutely nothing to do with the baby/ies father. If hyper ovulation runs in your family you have a better chance of having fraternal twins.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i was pregnant with TRIPLETS and didn't know until i delivered. only 1 carried to term. but i had three separate eggs fertilize and implant. but they all miscarried before 12 weeks. even the U/S didn't catch it. the only symptom i had was that i was really big by 12 weeks. really big. there are NO triplets in my family but tons of twins. my mom was a twin. my dad has twin brothers. i was a twin. i have 4 sets of twin cousins.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm having twins and to say the least yes I am alot more sick with my singleton daughters I didnt have any at all. I have alot of headaches. I do have to take a nap to make it through the day. It's really hard to find satisfaction in anything I eat because I hate it all. I just know that I have to eat it. I hate coffee which is strange because I use to love coffee I've worked at starbucks for a year and a half for that reason that I love it so much now I cant stand it. Everythiing makes me sick even brushing my teeth hands down the worst symptoms I've ever had. Twins don't run in our family that we know of and was very surprised when I was told about the twins.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have twins. I couldn't figure out why I was gaining weight and my boobs hurt (that never happened with my son). A week later I found out I was pregnant, a week later I found out it was twins, and that night I found out my SO has twins in his family. I didn't get sicker but was a lot more tired. Still am LOL

Goo luck
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm having twins and its my first pregnancy so i dont really know how to compare it to a singleton pregnancy.
    i didnt have any morning sickness at all. but i was exceptionally tired in the beginning and now im 26 weeks and i have to take a nap almost daily! i started showing around 8 or 9 weeks but i found out i was having twins at my first ultrasound at 3 weeks.
    Also, it depends on the mothers family. When my twins are born, there will be 8 sets in my famiy.
    TwinMommy09

Answer by TwinMommy09 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I didn't have any morning sickness at all with mine. My clothes got very tight early on and that's what made me decide to take a pregnancy test.
    TwinsMommy08

Answer by TwinsMommy08 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009