do you think i might be pregnant?

ok well my daughter was a month old when i first got my birth control. i chose to get Implanon, which is a tooth pick size plastic tube with hormones that goes on your arm, it last up to three years, and your suppose to get your period 3 to 4 times a year...my daughter is now 1o months old and i have yet to start my period...do you think i might be pregnant?

eve_yup_yup

Asked by eve_yup_yup at 7:38 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you breast feeding? that can delay the start of your period for ages.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It's always possible with any type of BC... take a test
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It took me a really long time for my cycles to get back to normal after I had my daughter. I did end up conceiving when she was 10 months but miscarried. I didn't even know I was pregnant when I miscarried because my cycles were so irregular that I didn't know when I was ovulating or expecting a period. I wasn't on birth control though. I would take a test and even if its negative I would talk to your doctor to see if they think its ok you haven't had a period yet.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I am not being rude here - at least that is not the intention. But generally if you have sex, yes there's a chance you can get pregnant. Even if you use condoms or some other form of protection. If you're concerned that something may not be right with the birth control you've chosen, you should ask your doctor...they have already heard everything and they know waaaay more than any of us do about chances of pregnancy and how the BC works and all. So, you can either ask the doctor...or take a test. Then go from there.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 9:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No. I had 2 norplants and 1 mirena and the hormones are very similar to the implanon and I never had a single period on them. I think you are one of the lucky ones that just won't have a period at all. Enjoy!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2008