43 years old and getting pimples!!!

what's up with that??!!! Anyone else in the 40-45 age range have this and if so what do you do for them? I wash my face at least twice a day and am still getting breakouts!!! How can I get rid of them without breaking the break(can't affor anything over $5.00)

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2011 in Health

• Its hormones!!! Welcome to the 40s and the beginnings of the menopause (at this stage Peri menopause) train. It isn't because your face is dirty!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2011

• When we enter middle life (40-65 yrs old) we go through many changes in our bodies. I would just make sure you go through a good washing sequence. I usually use soap and water, and noxema.

Answer by gemgem at 11:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2011

• I'm 38, but I feel your pain. I never had any acne until recently, and now it's driving me crazy. I use the walgreens benzoyl, peroxide cream. It has worked so far. I wash my face, and then apply the cream. If you're heading out for the day, you can use it, and then apply a little powder, as long as you use a clean applicator pad. The cream dries quickly, and doesn't leave your face feeling oily. I have found I need to use moisturizer to keep my face from drying out.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2011

• BTW, my Dr told me yesterday that my acne is hormonal, because I have never had it before.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2011

• Walmart makes a Healthy Face Lotion that contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid for $6 and a face wash that contains Salicylic Acid for $4 use the two together and you can get rid of your acned and wrinkles and any tan related dark blotches. Good Luck there is help out there that is affordable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2011

• "Acne doesn't just appear because you're going through puberty, it appears because you might have a problem with oil or dirt getting caught up in your pores. Get Proactiv"

I can't afford proactiv it is too expensive for me we are not made of money and don't have money laying around for that kind of stuff
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• Uh Oh! I'm 44 & just had a baby & I got pimples when I got pregnant! Hmmm???? Could you be expecting too? :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• no I could not be expecting I had my tubes removed 4 and a half years ago
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2011

• I never had a pimple until my mid 30's and now I'm in my 40's and they are everywhere, even my neck! funny thing is they go away faster if I leave my makeup on at night, the more I wash my face and no matter what I use the pimples stay, but go to bed without washing my face and they go away faster....I'm just a mess and it is emabarressing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 10, 2011

• Yes - since having my DD and being off birth control, I've had problems with adult acne. Because it's not bad enough getting to an age where I need to start thinking about antiaging products, I have to have acne too? The stuff that works for me is probably out of your price range, but my doctor suggested benzyol peroxide over the counter stuff, if that helps.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:31 PM on Aug. 10, 2011