Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you wait or go for it?

I'm 40 weeks pragnant.
Went to see my doctor today so he says you are 2-3cm, wanna deliver today? My body was screaming YES!!!! but my mind and I said NO, i told him I wanna wait for natural labor...(maybe I'm just scared:)
Would you wait or go for it?

Answer Question

Asked by Albi1623 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (28)
  • I'm dealing with that exact same issue, no joke.

    My mom wants me to get the baby out as soon as possible.
    My doctor and I want to wait until I'm 41 weeks (I'll be that on Saturday.)
    My heart is screaming YESSS because I want to see my baby girl...but my mind is telling me to wait and give her a little more time.

    Blehhhh >:(

    Answer by caitxrawks at 7:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • The way I've been feeling, I'd totally go for it. But my little one is breech so i have to be chopped open.

    I think if i was one of those lucky moms that felt great through the whole thing, i'd wait though.

    Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • I would wait until 41 wks at least. That is what I'm planning on, if I go over-due, but that is just me.

    Answer by srhmldndo at 7:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • GO FOR IT! sometimes your water dose not break anyway and they need to do it for you. How exciting!

    Answer by lisacieslak at 7:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • Hey you never know...It could happen any moment now. Its your choice and I think you made the right choice if that is what your heart was telling you. Good Luck and heres to a happy healthy baby!

    Answer by vickwu at 7:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • Well... I would go for it only because of the horror stories I've heard on here. I don't think most women are aware of these facts nor should they be... but being a Mom of a stillborn and talking with other Mom's I wouldn't wait. I know of two women personally that waitied until 41 weeks or later and their babies died from umbilival cord accidents... less fluid, less room to move caused the babies to become trapped. I know that inducing labor isn't a joy ride, I've been there, but I'm so glad i did it. The baby was taken at full term and I knew he was okay. He was 8 lbs 10oz... so.. anyways. This is just my opinion, so no one needs to bash me. I know some women will to ready to for telling you to induce but they haven't been through what I have!

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • Heck no I would go for it. My girlfriend was in the same position you were in. She opted to wait and went into labor at 41 weeks and 5 days. Her baby was huge. He was 13 lb. and 8 oz. Good luck with your decision.

    Answer by JD08 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • omg...get that baby out!!! You put in your 40 weeks!

    Answer by kabbot01 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • you're 40 weeks, go for it! your baby is fully developed and ready to come out into this world.

    Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

  • I would wait or squat to try to go into labor on my own. I won't be induced again or have my labor augmented. The risks are too high.

    Answer by miriamz at 8:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.