Facebook Fallout!

I posted pictures on my facebook page pictures of only my co-workers who had facebook pages and asked them before had if they were ok with the pictures being posted. Well someone on their friends list or mine saw the pictures call my boss and said to her that she saw the pictures from our Christmas Party and they were a little "riske'". We I got an email this morning from my boss telling me that any photos that may reflect poorly on the company have to be approved before they are added to our pages. I think its BS, I don't think they have a right to tell me what I can and can't do with my photos, if you didn't "know" our group you would never know the photos were from our Christmas Party. Mean while our VP is mooning his friends on facebook and nothing is said to him. I think they are out of line. What do you think? I guess they should tell us to watch our behavior at the Christmas party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Maybe they shouldn't have allowed cameras at the party then. I would me mad too, that's just crazy.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think you better pull those pics so you don't lose your job. You may have signed something when hired, that makes your boss or company have the authority to tell you to do this. Be careful. There is being right, and being right, but fired. Personally, I would not post work stuff at all, and I'm really careful about what I post even with my account set to "friends only."

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Funny thing, their were people at the party who wernt employees and staff of the resturant who took pictures and posted them on facebook, how can they say anything to them.
    Anonymous

• That is why I never post with my personal information. If I opened any type of account, I would be anonymous and I would post pics if I wanted too.
    Anonymous

• I dont think they should be able to tell you. Once the picture is taken it is your business what you do with it. If they dont want anyone to see a picture of them acting that way, then they shouldnt be posing for a picture that way. Also whoever tattled on you to your boss should be told to stay off your facebook page and stop acting like a 5 year old kiss a**.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Hey...do you work at KFC??
    Anonymous