How do I get my 9 yr old step son to wipe his butt and stop smearing poop on the wall??!!

I have a 9 year old step son who for a little over a month now refuses to listen to me, back talks me, draws back at me, refuses to obey my rules, has a temper, throwing things, and now tonight has smeared poop on the wall after I had him go back in the bathroom and pick up thedried poop off the bathroom floor from where he went poop this morning and did not wipe his ass and its now dried and crusty!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• He must also disinfect what he has contaminated. The wall, the floor, the toilet. Could you enforce this rule with a pleasant expression on your face so that he doesn't realize that he's yanked your chain? If he realizes he isn't winning this little battle, maybe he'll drop it. Otherwise, a child who smears excrement around at that age sounds as though he needs professional counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think he needs mental help. Seriously. A 9 year old smearing poop? That is way weird.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Seriously, you cleaned it? I would be making that little piece of poop clean his own poop. I would also wipe his nose in it? You better gain control of that little *** right now dear.
    Anonymous

• I think the key word here is step son, WHERE IS HIS FATHER?!
    Anonymous

• beat his ass. either that or rub his nose in it like a dog the next time
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Rub his face in it. That'll teach um
    Anonymous

• I would have dragged him in there and physically MADE HIM clean it up. And yeah where is his father??
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I don't want to sound harsh, but a nine year old smearing poop on the walls sounds like someone who needs a psychatric evaluation A.S.A.P. This is no way shape or form is "normal" acting out.
    Anonymous

• That s just wrong of you who answered "rub his nose in it"! WTF! You don't know this child, he is old enough to know better, but it just sounds like someone needs to be paying attention to him and maybe some help.
    momma2hunter

Answer by momma2hunter at 3:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• That's easy, get his father to clean the wall! He'll quit doing it quick enough then. For real get his father involved.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008