Hair loss in a 3 year old?

I have noticed that my 3 year old daughters hair has really started to thin out. It is so thin that the sides of her head barely has any hair left. Does anyone know why this might happen? She is a very picky eater, could that be the problem?

KathMW

Asked by KathMW at 7:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have never heard of this before. I would call a doctor.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Do you pull her hair up and put in a band. If so you could be damaging her hair and it fall out. Or it could be a sign of something wrong. In my opinion, I would take her to a doctor and ask their opinion.
    ssilykids

Answer by ssilykids at 7:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• No I do not pull her hair up. She will not let me. So as much as I wish that was the problem it is not.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 8:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Research it, and take her in if necessary. . . It could be a vitamin deficiency or something more serious. It's expensive, but better safe than sorry.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 12:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2008