why cant i get my 2 year old girl to use the potty????

i have tryed to bribe her with candy,got a dora potty,tryed the pull ups, tryed to do every thing.we have ben trying for about a year.i need help.we cant aford the babys dipers and my 2 year olds.she did get it for a while then we hade the baby and she just stoped going.

shelly1016

Asked by shelly1016 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is almost 2 and trained. We started about 2 months ago. I just put her in big girl undies, (easy ups at night and when we leave) and put her on every 15 minutes and as she got better at it, the time increased. I never gave her a chance to go in her pants. After about 2 weeks, she started telling me when she needed to go. Now she has a pee accident every now and then, but always tells me when she has to poop. I would just make her go on constantly and always give her a treat for going.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• She may not be ready yet. The more you try to push her into it the harder it will be for both of you. I would suggest to just stop trying for maybe a week, and then ask her if she is ready to use the big girl potty yet. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• to pressure her, she may not be ready, i started putting big girl pant under her diaper, then she just liked having big girl pants on with no diaper, we had alot of accidents but that was okay, then we encouraged her to go potty, she is in preshcool so seeing the other kids go helped too,
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 8:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• it took my daughter until the week after her 3rd birthday and she just decieded on her own .give her time when shes ready you will know. be patient. good luck
    mom2girls82

Answer by mom2girls82 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I agree with the others, she may just not be ready. Both of my children were 3 and they were dry at night and were trained easily.

Answer by Bmat at 9:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You all are more encouraging. I have a daughter who will be 3 in march. She is not potty trained and doesn't always seem very interested. I have tried all the potty training pants and she asks to have a diaper changed. SHe does ask to go to public restrooms and I take her and then she decides she does not have to go and just wants to wash her hands. She has used the potty several times and had sometimes told us she had too by herself, but she doesn't keep interest and when we push it she really loses interest. I did get some little mermaid big girl underwear to put in her stocking for x-mas. I thought maybe she'd get excited and I could try to just wear those on her and if she gets wet she can really tell. She does already for the most part stay dry through night and her naps and for a long period of time. I just think problem is she doesn't have the time to learn, too busy with everything else.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My daughter is a little over two. We use the pull up and she has a potty chair and a big girl seat for the toilet. She tells us when she needs to go and we take her. NOw if she is busy doing something then she wont and will go in her diaper but if I keep on her then she will. She actually uses the toliet and we give her a sticker. When she fills her book then she can go to the store and pick on toy. It helps us to to let her go with me when I go then she wants to go like mommy. Good luck just dont force it because then she will refuse
    mamaofhw

Answer by mamaofhw at 10:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It's the pull ups. Get her panties. Don't go back to pull ups or diapers and she will train. Pull ups keep kids untrained til they're 3 and that's just what the companies want, us to buy their products as long as possible!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2008