which vaccines are okay to use?

which vaccines are okay to use? im going to be a new mom and just wanted to know what is what im so confused. Please just tell me the name of the vaccines and why or why not. Thank you... Oh and is this a problem if you leave the country because we leave it 2-3 times a year. I was told when we left we HAVE to get all theese shots is that true? Please help i want whats best for my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• I don't know what is necessary when leaving the country. When you have your child vaccinated, request single dose vials. There are no preservatives in them, as there doesn't have to be. It's a vaccuum sealed bottle. The larger bottles that they continue to stick multiple needles in for multiple uses have nasty preservatives in them, of course, because they've broken the seal with the first needle.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• ppl would tell you defferent things.
    WE chose to vacc our kids cuz we were always vacataed.
    its more of a personal choice.. I would talk to your pedi. or look them up on places like webmd cuz here youll get word of mouth and why ppl chose not to by there opion.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• OP- here Thanks. My pedi. is right to the point. i asked him and he said just do it that is best. So i looked up some things but i dont understand. it seems to be a hot topic but i realy just want advice. im so confused
    Anonymous

• If you're worried about your child "getting Autism" as a result of a vaccination. Don't be! Autism is a GENETIC/Neurological disorder, and has NOTHING to do with vaccinations. My children are autistic, but there autism was (according to our board certified fellow developmental pediatrician--NOT a DAN! doctor--my having undetected low amniotic fluid (oligohydraminos) which is linked to neurodevelopmental disorders, and a possible genetic connection that I didn't know about when I got pregnant.

Ultimately, you really need to do your OWN research, talk to your pediatricians, etc. It is a VERY hot topic issue, but what is best for your baby is to not risk them getting a viral illness when they are young and their immune systems are not fully developed. MOST childhood illnesses have been eradicated by simply getting a vaccination.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Autism is "linked" to the MMR vaccine, and mercury (thimerosal) is linked to the flu vaccine. There have been NO confirmed links to MMR and autism, and the mercury level in in the flu vaccine is less than what is in a can of tuna, and it is a form of mercury that doesn't stay in the body.
    Just be aware that because of the decline in vaccinations, many of these diseases have made a comeback. People count on the "cloud effect," which is the cloud of people around them that are vaccinated, and thus won't get the non-vaccinated person sick. The problem is, with fewer and fewer people being vaccinated, there is more exposure to these diseases.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• (continued)
    This means that more people are exposed. When you are exposed and you've been vaccinated, yes, you CAN still get sick, however, the symptoms you have are WAYYYY less than what they would have been had you been vaccinated.
    There is a higher risk of getting one of these diseases and dying than there is of "getting" autism from MMR or mercury poisoning from the flu vaccine.
    Personally, I am not willing to take the risk of my son dying of something that I could have prevented.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't really have time to respond, but I can tell you that after extensive research, I chose to vaccinate on schedule. You can check out this blog for a pro-vax doctor's standpoint: Mainstream Parenting Resources

degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 7:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You can't just throw out a blanket question like that and get an accurate answer as it pertains to your child. All vaccines are dangerous but in certain individuals, the risks may outweigh the benefits ... then again, they may not. YOU will need to do your own research into EACH of the vaccines - the ingredients, side effects, etc. - and decide if it's right for your own child. Do not rely on what your mainstream pediatrician tells you; they only regurgitate what they've been taught in med school and what the pharm reps have told them. And don't believe that our vaccines have been greened; ask to see the list of ingredients and become familiar with the terminology and other names for various chemicals used (thimerosal goes by many, many different names).

As far as leaving the country, it's a non-issue. We travel overseas often and we've never had to have proof of immunizations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I agree w/anonymous 8:21 AM....I chose to follow the vax schedule for my son until he was 4, at which point he had a very bad reaction to his 4 y/o vaccinations so we stopped vaxing, but the thing is, he'd been reacting poorly to his vaxes all along & the pedi said "normal response". If I wouldn't have blindly listened to his pedi, or other parents telling me it was the same for thier kid, maybe my son wouldn't be as disabled as he is today (immune dysfunction, atypical autism, unspecified muscle disorder, multiple learning disabilities, GI problems, etc, etc.). Look at your family's medical history, think about your child's current health, and then decide for yourself if the gains of vaxing outweigh the risks for your child. If I'd have done this, I might've chosen to space the vaxs out more, or maybe even have stopped getting them all together, but hindsight is 20/20, y'know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My own kids are vax sensitive.....It was recommended by my doc after my second child reacted badly to stop vaxxing. I will selectively vax when they are older and have built their own immune system. They cause very high fevers in my kids, and the fever itself was directly accused of causing my sons Autism (he was over 106), my daughters was 104 when he said no more.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008