If your dad fell and had to have a hip replacement?

Then while he is sleeping he passes away? Before the surgery. Do think anything suspicious of this.
He was 87 years old.

This happened to a coworker :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Health

• I would not be suspicious. He is 87.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• wow... I really wouldn't be suspicious. I guess it just depends on his overall general health prior to breaking his hip (any health conditions like diabetes, hypertension, dementia, etc) and what the hospital was doing prior to the procedure (antibiotics and pain medicine, which is nothing really out of the ordinary) and if he may have had a reaction? But he was pretty up there, so no, I probably wouldn't be suspicious.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 8:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• What excuse did they give for his passing? it may have just been his time, but I would also be suspicious that had overlooked something or were not monitoring him close enough. I would definitely wait for the autopsy to go jumping to conclusions though. I'm sorry for your coworkers loss, it must hard loosing someone so close to Christmas.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:20 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If you check the stats, breaking a hip is one of the most deadly issues facing the elderly today. It is the cause or the prelude to death in many many cases. The body just can't deal with the trauma of a major broken bone and systems overload and fail and the person passes away. I'm sorry to hear that happened.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• A person who had a long bone fracture is at risk of having a fat emboli. If this emboli lodges into the blood vessels of the heart or brain in can cause death. Hip replacement also has its own risk like metallosis or loosening of the implant. 

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 17, 2012

• I am sorry to hear about your father. However, you cannot solely blame the hip replacement surgery that ended your father's life. When we are going old, generally our immune system, our body weakens which is very prone to complications. Prior to the surgery, does your have have any health problems? you should also check that option. See also, DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 11:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2012