Do You Seriously Believe?

That your everyone loves your children as much as you do. Because no one likes a spoiled little brat throwing temper tantrums in public. You have to wisen up and toughen up moms, because some of these posts are really disturbing. You do not discipline your children in public because WHY? Who care if you are embarrassed. You are seriously looking like an idiot to others in public places when you count and threaten. You need to discipline. Is anyone else feeling like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know what you mean and so does my 16 yo daughter. She worked at an amusement park this summer and she couldn't believe the way people parent their kids. I felt kind of good about it because she could understand she hadn't been raised by parents who didn't have a clue about how to discipline their children. I agree with the poster who said kids know what they can get away with in public. It's a reflection of the way they are parented in general. The kid lacks discipline and doesn't listen to instruction or follow it if they do hear it. I am embarrassed for the parent when I hear the count...1, 2 and I want to say, "You realize you have to hit the 3 before this kid even begins to take you seriously, right? I am wondering what you're going to do when he doesn't do what you told him to do."
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• What, do you mean hit your child in public?
    Anonymous

• clappingYUP!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• YES, I THINK YOU NEED TO DISIPLINE YOUR CHILDREN, THE PROBLEM WITH DOING THAT IN PUBLIC IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GRAB UR CHILD THE WRONG WAY NOW AND YOU CAN BE TURNED IN... MY STEPMOTHER GRABBED MY BROTHER BY HIS ARM AND NOW HE HAVE A CASE WORKER THAT COMES OUT TO ARE HOUSE EVER WEEK TO CHECK ON THINGS
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way and anyone that confronts me about disciplining my child in public has it coming.
    Anonymous

• yes, i never count, and i never get embarrassed if i need to discipline my child in public. i dont care what other people think, its my child. I would rather see a parent dicipline the child inpubic then have the child yell 'Mommy mommy i want this, i want that,"
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 8:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think I'll do what my mom did. I'll give a warning. Then, if that doesn't work, in the style of Dr. Dobson, I won't "disappoint" them. But I would take them home, to the car, the church basement (or what have you) and then proceed to spank their bottom :) That's kinda how I plan on handling it.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i do!! i dont care... They are usully good but sometimes they need a lil swat on there butt to make them remember
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would rither pop them then leave every time they do something bad... who has time to sersially do that.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I see what you are saying as far as a parent dealing with their child in public. I think kids know that they will get away with it in public and thats the only reason they do it, which really irritates me when sneaky little kids act like that, but why do you care if moms on cafe mom discipline their kids?

asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2008