Do you pack a lunch for you kids for school, if so, why

is it cheaper, healthier, or do you have a kid with allergies or a picky eater.

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2011 in

• yes I do for several reasons I want to know what they are eating; I know it is healthier for them

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

• I will pack, right now she wants to use her lunch box.

Answer by tazdvl at 1:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2011

• i pack lunch for my 2nd grader some days since hes a picky kindengartener loves everything so i dont think ill pack him a lunch unless he asks

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2011

• It is cheaper, and healthier would depend on what you pack

Answer by malexander2009 at 6:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• all of the above

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2011

• mostly cause its healthier and they pretty much eat the entire thing and at school they tend to just eat the main thing like pizza or hamburger. Right now we qualify for free luch but mostly they just eat one day a week and I pack lunches the rest. It would be cheaper if I had to pay reg price tho. Their school lunches are ok

Answer by serenityspeaks at 12:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2011

• *and

Answer by Brawnwyn at 10:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• I pack lunches and I got one of those Pack Its so it really does stay nice a cool. I pack because, for lunch one day last year they had funnel cakes and canned peaches. I just can't abide it. It's a personal choice for everyone I think.

• Usually pack because it is cheaper, but DS gets hot lunch when it is something he really wants. Hot lunch is $2.50 a day, so he gets it once a week if even.

Answer by beckie66 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• Nope, for the same reason Rosehawk said. I always worried about it, and now it just confirms why I won't pack lunches for them.

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2011