Do you pack a lunch for you kids for school, if so, why

is it cheaper, healthier, or do you have a kid with allergies or a picky eater.

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2011 in

• Nope. And, I saw on the news last night that most packed lunches for preschool especially are not kept cold enough for long enough to prevent bacteria from growing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• Yes,picky eater

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• All three.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• I used to pack one every day because the school nurse/my son needs an accurate count of carbs to calculate his lunchtime insulin shot. Last year, he decided he wanted to start getting school lunches. I miss packing lunches, not a big fan of school lunches, and it's difficult to get a real estimate sight unseen every day, but I like to follow my kids' lead on this kind of thing.
    mas2124

Answer by mas2124 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• he ate cafeteria last year..but wants to bring his lunch this year. so, we're gonna bag it!
    he's not that picky, and he has no food-allergies to speak of. i think some of his friends are lunch-baggers, and he wants to be 'cool', too. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• We pack because we have to, as there is no lunch program at the school. sometimes they have a special hot lunch day, and we will order those as a treat. If they had food what i hear is being served in most schools, no way would i let them eat it. Sounds nasty!! Way healthier to pack it.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• When you have picky eaters you have no choice but to let them bring a sack lunch to school. Plus you will know what he/she is eating for lunch. I also think it is much cheaper!
    Rollinro

Answer by Rollinro at 12:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• Their school is small and there is no cafeteria. If I want them to eat, I pack a lunch. Plus my youngest is extremely picky in the fact that he won't eat things most kids will like chicken nuggets, pasta or pizza. So I would pack for him if there was a cafeteria.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• Definitely all 3! I was paying for school lunch for awhile thinking it'd be more convenient.. but they feed the kids crap, and my daughter would hardly finish anything.. what a waste.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• I pack every day. The foods in the Chicago Public schools are horrid

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2011