Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I turned my boss in for sexual harrassment. Should I keep working there or find a new job?

I have been off work for 2 weeks and have not seen him since I turned him in. We have to work very close together when I go back.

Answer Question

Asked by calibeka at 1:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I would think it would be awkward and uncomfortable to go back to working with him after something like that. He may not treat you very well. It would be harder for you to move on and get over the memory of what happened. I think you should find a new job.

    Answer by nicegirl90247 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • You filed and you still want to work there? That shouldn't even be a question. NO you shouldn't go back. DOn't you know that if you go back it makes you look bad? Like if you really weren't bothered by what he did, alothough you filed a complaint. Go get another job. This is a reason why they don't take sexual harassment claims serious. People go back to the jobs and it looks like they don't mind what happened to them.
    And follow up on the claim too. Don't let them call you. You go make a big deal of it and get something done.
    That is, if he made the first move. Hopefuly you weren't having a consented relationship and now that it's over you are claiming harassment. Then you are at fault TOO. It can go both ways.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • You should not have to work with him, they either need to find a new position for you or FIRE him! You also shouldn't have to find another job, you are the victim. Keep in mind it isnt your company's fault, its the supervisors fault, but if they don't protect you now that you have reported it, then it becomes the company's fault. You need to talk to his supervisor and find out what they are going to do about it.

    Answer by slw123 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

  • oh no no no you deserve much better treetment espicially at the wirk place. than that unless this was a mutuial thing i agree 100 percent whith all the ladies good luck hun.

    Answer by yumymommy at 12:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

  • Even if you are the victim you shouldn't go back until he is gone. With him still being there he can make it more miserible for you. I know you may be the victim, but just because he's the a hole doesn't mean things will go your way. This has to be taken to court and finished. It's just so easy to say he should be fired. Well, he first needs to be proven guilty of what you are accusing him of. You can't just point a finger at someone and say fire him. Sorry it just doesn't happen. If life was just that easy people would be getting fired left and right.
    Get whatever you need together and take this to the courts. All legal mumbo that needs to be done first before they could kick him out because then the company can be sued by him.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

  • is there anyway you can be moved to a different department, so you don't have to deal with him??

    Answer by isaboo22 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.