immunizing your kids..

I have 2 children 4 and 13 months. Both are get thier shots. My question is if your child goes to public or private school how do you get around not turning in a shot record? Do you homeschool?

My son goes to a private school and they needed a shot record before he would even enroll in his first class.

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Kids' Health

• i asked this question ppl said you can get the doc to sign a paper stating they didnt get shots its ok...something along those lines.
    my kids get shots cuz the ones who dont might get sick and dont want to get sick. Also we got vac. and so do they.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If you are getting your kids vacinated why wouldn't you want the school to have the records?
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Thanks mama2twins...
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• If your children are not getting their shots, there's some sort of a religious thing that you can fill out saying for religious reasons, they are not getting vaccinated, otherwise, you are pretty well out of luck.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 9:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• All states have a form available that you can choose the reason(s) for not vaccinating your child(ren). I don't vaccinate my kids and have never had a problem with putting them in school/daycare/private school. They are also never ever sick. My 2nd graders' entire class just went through the flu. All except her. She had to join another class a couple of days b/c she was the only one not sick!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• All states have a waiver of some sort...some are medical and some are religious. You just sign the waiver and you can get into school. They have to accept the child.

My kids are vaccinated and we homeschool.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Go here to find out your state exemptions: http://www.nvic.org/state-site/state-exemptions.htm
    Go here to find your waver: http://vaclib.org/exemption.htm
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I personally do not think children should be able to go to a public school without having their vaccinations, vaccinations are given to protect children. All benifits outweigh the risks, all diseases they are vaccinated for much more dangerous than the vaccinations are.
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 25, 2008