Has anyone ever or known anyone who has gotten pregnant while wearing the Mirena IUC birth control?

I have had the IUC for about 1 1/2 years and have within the last couple of weeks gotten REAL moody, tender breasts, strange cravings, and heavy discharge.
I checked it and it is still there, in place, but I haven't had a period since I got it inserted so I can't check it that way.
Anyone know anyone who has gotten pregnant while wearing it? I know a women who got preg. while wearing the 10 year IUD but not the 5 year IUC (Mirena)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have it and I get like that alot. My doctor said it was just the hormones from the IUD. Go check out their website see if they have anything that can help you, or if you are very concerned call up your doctor. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• yes, I also know alot of women who have it and have miscarried over and over without knowing and there doctors just tell them it bring on heavy periods. Thatys one things that my doctor did tell me about this mirena thing. it oesnt prevent an egg from fetilizing it jkust prevents it from growing so a woman will miscarry and not really know it, my friend is getting it taken out after miscarrying already 3 times in 6 months with this thing.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I never got pregnant on it. I loved that thing for real!!! No periods for 4 whole years! Ah, those were the days!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2008