How much would you put up with from a step child before you said enough its over??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• i wouldnt say its over... i treat my step daughter no different from my kids. And i would never just walk out on them
    lonelymommyof2

Answer by lonelymommyof2 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Depends on if your so is doing anything about it. The step child shouldnt get what they want and be allowed to put you through hell so then they can laugh when they make you leave. the so should be alying down the law and making his/her child show somw respect to you.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Depends on what I was taking.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:32 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• How much do you put up with your own? There should be no differences
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I think it is irresponsible to marry someone if you can't get along with their kids and treat them as your own. You (I hope) would never give up on or walk out on your own kids, so doing it to "his" kids shouldn't be an option either.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• You're talking about leaving your husband over this kid? It must be pretty bad, I'm sorry. I bet he doesn't agree with you about how to deal with the kid. Am I right. I'd imagine the problem isn't the kid, it's his/her dad. If you two were on the same page, the kid wouldn't be able to get away with as much and the behavior would improve slowly. I'm thinking you two aren't so the behavior is escalating. Good luck with that. Yeech!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2008