period like cramps in late preganancy... any thing to worry about?

lately i have been having some mild cramps they dont feel like contractions but more like period cramps in ovaries?? is this noraml? maybe some pressure "down there" too... i am 34 weeks just wondering if anyone else had this too i havent been "checked" yet so i have no idea if i am dialated or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd say it's perfectly normal, I'm 26 weeks with number 3 and have had cramps in all pregnancies. I just chalk it up to one of those fantastic pregnancy symptoms
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I had that going on too but my doctor said that the pressure is because the baby is starting to get ready to drop and get into place for delivery. As for the cramps it could be a bladder infection. I didn't have any of the symptoms except the cramps so he checked it out and I did have an infection.
    Mother_of_two

Answer by Mother_of_two at 8:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would also say it's perfectly normal. Pregnancy brings on lots of pains and cramps and sensations - and as a mommy we can't help but think something may be wrong! However, when in doubt - call the doc. They are used to worried mamas so don't be hesistant. Better safe than sorry. I myself was seen twice during my pregnancy for things I thought were abnormal. Good luck!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008