I feed my 1 month old 4 oz every 3 hours (sometimes every 2 1/2 hrs) but she still seems a little hungry when she's done. Someone suggested putting a little cereal in her formula.

Does her feeding schedule seem resonable?

krisstencarmela

Asked by krisstencarmela at 1:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to ask your doctor that question because there could be something else going on for her. I started my daughter on rice when she was 3 months old which is still a month before the recommend.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 1:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I did that for my kid and it worked. However the doctor got on me at her 4 month checkup when she weighed 17 pounds. So if you are going to do it, do not do it with every bottle.
    SarahMT

Answer by SarahMT at 2:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• At one month old, both of my kids were eating every 2 hours. 2 hours from the beginning of the feeding. (if they ate at 2 and the feeling lasted for 30 minutes, they would eat again at 4) Try feeding her more often, and/or add another ounce of formula. Don't put cereal in her bottle, she's way too young.
    fallenleaves

Answer by fallenleaves at 2:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Feed her when she's hungry, not on a schedule.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 2:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• That's how my son was. Try giving a bit more at each feeding. I found it best to let them make their own schedule and you just follow suit. BUT DO NOT add cereal yet. Your Dr. will get onto you big time.
    SuzieQ1984

Answer by SuzieQ1984 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you can do that , but i won't say to, I suggest giving her 6oz first
    prettyeyes412

Answer by prettyeyes412 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i started giving my son rice when he was a month and the doctor said it was perfectly fine. hes not hunngry after every feeding anymore. so start out alittle bit and if takes to it keep going
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Stop feeding the baby on a schedule, and see how she does. Also increase the amount of formula in the bottles to 6 ounces (at least every other feeding). That should help.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i started feeding my daughter cereal at 2 months because she kept spitting up and didn't feel up. the dr said it was ok but for my to only give it to her at nite and only 1 teaspoon because if you give her alot of cereal they can become dehydrated since they're not eatin' that much anymore. but, ask your dr first. your dr may have a diffrent opinion.
    AngelWithHornz

Answer by AngelWithHornz at 5:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2008