How often do you loose your temper?

With kids after telling them over and over the same things and they do the opposite...I feel guilty for getting upset sometimes, but its like my son is in a phase where he is going to keep misbehaving...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• not too bad but when i am PMSing its alot and i feel horrible about it! But even tho i lose it i still dont hit them like my mom did me. I just end up raising my voice and sending them to their rooms
    Anonymous

• I feel ya there. My babygirl is 20 months and she does not listen at all. She does anything and everything she can to test me. I get so aggravated that I raise my voice or put her in time out but it never matters because she just laughs and will do it again. Sometimes I feel so horrid for yelling or punishing her. It just egts to me because I know she knows not to do it. I HATE terrible twos lol
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 8:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It happens. At least a couple of times a month.
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 8:59 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• More often than I care to admit, but I'm working on it. The kids know which buttons to push, and what gets a reaction from me, be it positive or negative. I'm learning to pick my battles with them, and it's getting better.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 9:04 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I lose my temper more than I would like but less than I used too. It maybe once a week or two now. I have gotten to the point where once I reach the breaking point, I send them to their room if they are too young to do chores, but the older ones get extra chores. I tell them that if I have to listen to their mouth and attitude than I should get something out of it. The more they disobey, backtalk, whine, complain, etc the more chores they get. It took about a week of them losing their free time before they gave in and started curbing their behavior.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• That would depend largely upon how many people are pushing my buttons at any given time. I would have to say that it is difficult and nearly impossible not to get pissed off at my kids' dad, every time we talk it seems like it turns into a fight. My mom knows how to get under my skin, too, and I swear she does it on purpose. Of course, the kids' fighting almost constantly is no help - but I have to say that my temper is much better controlled now that I am older. I was always getting into fights over every stupid little thing when I was growing up.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 9:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• my son is 3, i lose my temper daily, i dont mean to and dont yell but i do get pissed at him for not listening everyday, he does get time outs everyday and is getting better but it really does fustrate me at this age....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:47 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I'm with AmaliaD 100%! My daughter is 3 and I lose mine daily too! When my SO is home he usually knows when to intervene and put some distance between my daughter and I. "You're driving mommy a little crazy right now, lets go outside"
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Way too often. Only because I am sleep deprived.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• less than i'll admit too, but more than i care too
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2008