How often do you shampoo your carpets?

I just got a carpet shampooer and the carpet is taking FOREVER to dry. It's not that big of deal I guess, But it makes me wonder how often it's going to be feasible to actually shampoo them when it takes so long to dry.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• every 2 weeks... and touch ups here and there.... I move furniture and everyting... I am weirded out by dirty carpet...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 10, 2011

• Once every 4 months.
    Rollinro

Answer by Rollinro at 2:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• I have a little steam cleaner vacuum. I use it every few months. I've yet to shampoo all of my carpet though. probably will do that when we get ready to PCS
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• We usually shampoo ours once or twice a year. We do it in the spring to clean up all the winter ice melt/sand. It's best to do it on a day that's not too humid, you can have windows open and if possible have fans on. (the ceiling fan helps in our living room) We may have to do spot clean ups when the kids get sick if they don't make it to the barrel/bathroom in time. In fact, that's why we got our own shampooer. My youngest was always spittimg up every year. (and the kids alyways seemed to get sick at least once a year when they were little)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• once a month
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2011

• Once every 2-3 months
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2011