babble?

Hi How much babbling should an 8 mo. old be doing...my baby says da da a few other sounds and repeats them alot She moves her mouth and nothing comes out sometimes..funny-- this one is new. She makes lots of laughing sounds and sort of happy screams ...is this enough? ..she does not babble on for hours ..i'm a new mom. can you let me know what your little one is sounding like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it all depends on the child and how much you talk to them. My kids are all motor mouths mainly b/c I talked to them as if they were 10 or so from the day they were born, I did not have anyone else to talk to so I talked to them all the time. It sounds like she is doing fine, and you should not worry. :)
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:21 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Thankyou for the advice... i've been reading to her since she's born and talk to her none stop as well....i guess they all do things at their own pace
    Anonymous

• she sounds like she's on the right track. she'll be saying more soon enough.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My littke one is 12 months and because she was preemie her learning is more like a 10 mo old. She does a lot of babbling. She says mama dada, nana, and gaga. She laughs and gets excited and squeals. I would say she is ok. good luck!!!!
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• She is fine. Like Vbongard says it depends on child and how much you talk to them. I talk to mine all the time. My kids both talk way more then they probably should for their age but yet they are slower to do other things. Hun don't worry there will be a day when you think "i wish you would stop talking" Trust me my DD talks non stop from the time she wakes up until seh goes to bed. Some days I think her jaw must get sore. Man I miss those days when she just babbled!
    mamaofhw

Answer by mamaofhw at 11:23 PM on Dec. 22, 2008