what charrities do u give to/or want to give to (if ur money is tight right now) and what ones will u NOT give to ... why?

i was just thinkin about this , since its the holiday season , and alota people are tight w/ money ... dont turn this into bashing please

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Shopping

• i always did give the the breast cancer society ... (my mom and aunt both had it and passed) ... now that money is VERY tight , ive stopped but wen money is on track again im going down to our local cancer society to see how i can help to make up for lost time ... i also read up on unicef a few mths ago , i would like to start giving to them also
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• ooh i always wanted to do that off the tree thing!! i wanted to this year , but ... things fell thru , next year i have SO many plans for the holidays! i just pray everything works!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• well its not money but im having my daughters haircut for the very first time and we will be donating it.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 9:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• children's hospital. and i would NEVER EVER give to PETA..bunch of fucktards. i will also be donating my children's old toys and clothes to the local women's shelter.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• March for Babies, also participate with walks. Children's hospitals and we give toys and clothes no longer needed to local charities.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• we give to st judes hospital, community clearinghouse, hannah's house(unwed preg/moms),crisis center for women, school backpack programs, salv army angel tree, extra offerings for various church-donation groups. everytime i turn around, my hub is suggesting another group/organization...so we give! and haven't had to suffer from lack of funds for ourselves, either. we believe the more you give, the more you receive. (not always about the benjamins, though)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:53 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I shop at resale shops that benefit a local woman's shelter - there are two. I adopt of the angel tree usually, but this year I helped a friend in need make Christmas special for her girls instead. I prefer to help small local charities and food pantries. We also donate blood. I can't think of any charitable organizations I dislike, but I prefer to help locally -- I think its sad there are starving children in other countries, but I feel like first and foremost I want to help children going hungry here in America.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• i used to give to the United Way, but now i dont, I had a friend that use to work for one of the main offices in Minnesota, she was an accountant, and she told me some of the stuff they do. They say they dont take money off the top when you designate it to another charity... they take 16%... after that i just went back to giving to my all time favorite charity. St. Jude's Childrens Hosp. I worked for target for many moons, and they are huge supporters of St. Jude's. Even long after not working there, I still donate, and encourage my family to donate to them too, when they are making out checks to their favorite charity. Even five dollars helps them...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My sister and I are pretty involved with the March of Dimes. We'll be doing the walk in April and we try to raise as much money as we can. My son was born preemie and that's a part of the reason I got involved.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Kiva.org, The Heifer project, EFF, and toys for tots and/or specific gifts on the xmas tree tags
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2008