resentment

I have 2 children a 4yr old and a 1 yr old...just recently I have picked up on the fact that I resent my son...its nothing major like I want 2 hurt him or anything I just really resent him...its horrible because I love him and I feel so freakin guilty..I favor my daughter very much over him...I just don't understand..everything he does irritates me..and im just not sure where its come from...aaawwww I just feel so guilty..for instance today he bumped into me and fell over and said mommy help me up...and I was so digusted that he was running in the first place I told him to get up himself....im in tears because I really can't control it..I've been so emotional since my daughter was born I just don't know what it is...and I was never like this b4 her...what do I do? How can I fix it..

honey_b4you

Asked by honey_b4you at 9:39 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You say you've been like this since your daughter was born? Perhaps it's a manifestation of post-partum depression.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:06 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• This late? Could that b...idk because I've never had it...well I've been like this for a while im just now picking up on it...I am very extremely emotional..I cry over EVERYTHING...stupid stuff that never used 2 bother me..like watching a movie with a happy moment or something dumb like that..could that b what it is..but if it is ppd why am I resenting my son but not my daughter
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 10:27 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Post partum depression can come about up to a year after birth. I've had it after each of mine, and I wold cry at everything. Also, I seemed to have one person I would lash out at, like my husband. Have you ever snapped at someone because you were having a bad day, even when they did nothing to you? It's kinda like that. He's older, louder, and more rambunctious than your daughter right now, just because he's at that age, so he's kind of an easy target as an outlet for your inner frustration. Know what I mean?
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 10:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I understand totally...I swear it was never like this before my daughter was in the picture...I mean he had his days but its like an everyday thing now..and i try 2 be loving because I feel so guitly I don't want him 2 not like me or resent me back...im fighting a losing battle..I can look at him and feel a rush of pain because im hurting him in a way by starving him of the attention..before the little one I was so attentive and I spent time with him...its frustrating...its like I see the problem but I don't know how to fix it
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 11:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• It sounds like post partum depression. Don't beat yourself up, just get some help and I'm sure things will be ok soon. Good luck to you!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It does sound like PPD and it can come up to a year or more after birth. It's not your fault and nothing you or your son did. Talk to a doctor you will feel so much better and your relationship with your son and daughter will be better. Good luck!
    Peach06

Answer by Peach06 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Sorry but i feel so sad for the little boy, its actions like this that make kids have nothing to do with parents later in life.........Pls get yourself to a ppd group fast.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Ppl like u are stupid...its not something u just pick out and say I have it..u obviously have never had it and therefore are ignorant and very very stupid...my son is 4 and not even going 2 remember half of it and for u 2 say something like that 2 someone that is truely suffering from a medical condition is outrageous...keep your mouth shut next time idiot!!
    honey_b4you

Answer by honey_b4you at 9:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2008