Good fathers

There are so many posts about fathers missing child support and visitations that it makes me really thankful for the father I had. My parents divorced when I was really young, but he was the kind of man that was proud to have a daughter, paid his child support every week, reported raises on his own without anyone having to take him to court...he did all of my school clothes shopping, saved for my college, bought all my school pictures, every pair of shoes I owned growing up, took me on vacations...all that. My mother was a real piece, but my father was fantastic.

My SO is the same way with our daughter. She would NEVER go without...he thinks up little activities she would like to do and enjoys spending time with her and he takes pride in making sure she is dressed cute and has her hair done (even if he has to do it himself)

Where are the other good fathers who take pride in their kids?!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• My dad was always there for us. He even did our hair better than our mom did LOL. Always made sure we had everything we needed, he even helped with my mom's sister who's dad wasn't there for her. My DH is always there for our girls, he tries to do hair and stuff but is horrible at it.  I let him know fairly often I consider myself , and our girls lucky to have him.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:11 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I see where you are coming from, but there are ALOT of bad mothers too.
    Anyway, my DH is an amazing father. He loves to play with our DD, always makes sure I call her doctor if she is sick, buys her everything she could want...she is a lil spoiled lol. But he is amazing, I am hoping (pretty sure we wont) get a divorce, but in the off chance that we did I know he would still be there for her, he is an amazing father, and I am glad he is. My DD deserves the best and that is exactly what she got with him!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:36 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My father was the complete opposite from yours. But my SO is the same way as yours. I got very lucky. I know it, and I make sure he does too.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My father was an absentee parent. However, my DH is a very loving and involved father. He has stepped up to the plate and been "dad" to my oldest son and both of our sons (mine and the one that we share) are his pride and joy. I am thankful every day that I don't have to deal with some of the drama that othe mothers have to be bothered with.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My husband is an amazing father. That is one of the reason's that I fell in love with him!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• My daddy is great- he is the go to person for me and my 8 semi siblings, there were 3 "originals" then 4 stepchildren and he and my stepmother raised a niece and nephew of my step moms! My hubby is an awesome dad, he has been with me since ds was 11 months old and adopted him when he was 14 years old- he was as proud as any dad at the nursery that day with the added bonus of his "new" son being as proud as he was! But we also have the deadbeat in my sons biofather- this is a person who signed off on his 13 year old after very sporadic visitation his whole life and still owes me $2000.00 in back child support from over 2 years ago!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I was blessed with the best Daddy ever! And, now my daughters are equally blessed.

MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 8:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• When my parents divorced, it was my father that fought for custody and won. Im so glad that he did because I really dont kow what kind of life I would have had if he didnt raise us. the only think that was bad was my step mom. But my dad did everything that he could to give us everything that we needed and wanted. He was the best dad. He died almost two years ago from cancer and I still have a lot of trouble dealing with it.

My husband took the responsibility of my two sons from a previous marriage. He is awesome with them. We just had a baby girl in July and he doesnt even treat them differently. The boys call him daddy and is calls them his sons. My husbands parents have even accepted them. The boys call them gramdma and grandad. My ex has nothing to do with the boys, neither to his parents and grandparents. But I am glad because he a very hateful guy.
    mommie020308

Answer by mommie020308 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My first three childrens father...we were married for 14 yrs. Is a dead beat dad...has been for the 8 yrs we have been divorced. My current DH not only pays for and sees his DH from an ex girlfriend and takes care of the two we have together..but has raised my first three. He has paid for everything for yrs and yrs. Yes good men are out there...just not easy to find.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband is a great father. He is very involved in their lives...including the day-to-day things. He has been known to take them to doc appts by himself. Once, when our middle son was just a baby he woke up crying with a high fever. I was also sick so DH bundled him up and took him to the ER at 3 in the morning by himself. The staff was shocked and kept asking him 'Where's the mother?'. He got really mad because they treated him like he didn't know anything. To this day, if he has the kids out by himself and somebody tries to be all nice and congratulate him for 'babysitting' he lets them know it's not babysitting, it's PARENTING. He also took care of the babys needs when they were little...feeding, diapers, baths, dressing...he did it all...
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008