Sleeping

My daughter is almost 6 months and as always had no problem going in her crib. All the sudden if I put her in there to take a nap or even go to bed at night she screams. It is the most horrible sound ever. It sounds like shes in pain but as soon as my husband and I go in there she stops. Everyone says I should just let her cry it out but I have never heard a child scream like that. She has to fall asleep on us and then be put in her crib and then sometimes she wakes up once shes in there and screams again. I don't know what to do I'm really confused on what I should be doing. I think she might be teething but even if she is why would she stop crying when we go in there... I would appreciate any help

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 22, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little guy used to do that too, it's a big shock to go from warm arms to a not so warm crib mattress, I use a magic bag, one of those things you warm up in the microwave for sore muscles. Just warm up the crib with one for about 5 minutes before you set her down, it worked for me. Good luck!
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 7:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It is so hard to let them cry when they are so young. I think I might go in the room and just sit if it soothes her to just see you. You might even place your hand on her for comfort if that helps, just as long as you don't pick her up out of the crib (then she'll expect it everytime. Also, have you tried a pacifier, I give one to my son when he wakes up and he goes right back to sleep. You might also try putting her down for naps when she is 1/2 asleep so she can learn to fall asleep on her own. Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:57 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• I would give her some baby tylenol and rock her back to sleep. Put her back down for bed. If she wakes up check on her and make sure she is okay. If she is okay just cover her back up and go back to your room. If she is still crying after about 10 minutes then get her out. My daughter does the same thing its not because she is in pain but because she feels safer next to me at night. She usually cries for about 10 minutes and then falls to sleep. They pretty much cry to get you too come get them. Once they realize your not doing that anymore your baby should stop and go to sleep.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let her cry. I'd go in to check her and probably would rock her to sleep.

It's a myth that babies who are always rocked to sleep will never fall asleep on their own. Allow me to point out my nine-year-old. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:16 PM on Dec. 22, 2008

• Try playing classical music. Like the baby einstein cd's the work great. even the dvds, she can look at them until she gets sleep then rock her to sleep.Make sur eit's already warm is her room(if she has one). Baby tylenol helpls too. Only when she refuses to o to sleep and you suspect something is wrong. 2 ounces of warm milk. Put a rockinh chair in her room and rock amd sing her a lullaby(remember your voice did put her to sleep in the womb) as she drifts off. If she wakes up in the middle of the night, mak sure nothings wrong and pt some soothing music on. A warm bath in the bedtime bath(even in the middle o fthe day if she's restless). Don't try the same thing all the time or she'll get used to it and it won't work. My daughter is the same age and these things work. Good Luck Mommy.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2008